If you’re looking to store a large number of rifles, perhaps between 14 and 30 guns, a Stack On Gun Safe may be the best option for you. Although these types of gun safes are a bit pricey, they are large enough to provide plenty of storage for your needs, and will certainly last a lifetime as well.
The Stack-On Total Defense 28 Gun Model TD-28-SB-C-S Gun Safe is priced above $1000, like many other Stack On models, and ranks as our #2 pick for The Best Stack On Gun Safes.
This Stack On Gun Safe makes a great purchase for those who want to keep their firearms and/or valuables safe from theft, water, and fire damage.
- Holds up to 28 firearms, or a combination of 14 firearms and storage, or all storage.
- Includes a total of six adjustable shelves.
- Exterior has a matte black body, a silver/gray door with chrome accents and black silk-screen on the door.
- Provides a 3-number combination lock with a drill resistant, hardened steel plate behind the lock which provides added security.
- Includes a door storage organizer that maximizes your storage possibilities.
- Weighs a total of 501 lbs.
- Measures 28.5 x 43 x 59 inches.
- Waterproof in up to 2 feet of water for 72 hours.
- Fire resistant for up to 30 minutes in temperatures up to 1400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fully upholstered interior.
What sets this safe apart is that it is rated to be waterproof.
What Do Owners Say about the Stack-On Total Defense 28 Gun: Model TD-28-SB-C-S Gun Safe?
Stack-On Total Defense owners have rated this safe on average 4 out of 5 stars. Some reviewers feel that the workmanship of this safe is not exactly top notch. Owners do enjoy the look and ease of use of the Stack-On Total Defense, remarking that this safe works flawlessly.
Other Stack-On Total Defense owners love the storage in the safe’s door, as well as its water and fireproof features.
The safe itself is sturdy and the combination lock and locking mechanism have worked flawlessly.
Who Should Not Purchase the Stack-On Total Defense 28 Gun: Model TD-28-SB-C-S Gun Safe?
For those who are looking to purchase a gun safe to keep their weapons securely stored away from untrained hands, you may want to go with a less expensive safe model, like the BARSKA Biometric Safe, which provides ample security without all of the added cost.
For those who need to store a larger number of guns, stack on safes are an excellent option. Since these types of safes are more expensive, consider whether water and/or fire resistance are key factors to you. If you can do without them, you can save some money on your safe purchase.
We love the Stack-On Total Defense 28 Gun Safe for its vast storage possibilities. There is plenty of room inside the interior to store up to 28 guns and/or ammunition and valuables. Sturdy and strong, this durable theft-proof safe isn’t going anywhere, even in a fire or a flood. The Stack-On Total Defense 28 Gun Safe is a great way to keep your guns and precious items safe, even in a disaster.