Stack-On GCDB-924 10-Gun Double-Door Steel Security Cabinet
- Separately keyed valuables cabinet
- Gun cabinet section holds 10 rifles or shotguns up to 54" tall with foam padded bottom to reduce the chance of scratching
- Valuables Cabinet section has 4 large foam padded removable steel shelves and are perfect for storing ammo and hand guns as well as other valuables such as camers, jewelry, etc.
- Reinforced full-sized steel door
- 3 point locking system with key coded, double-bitted lock for greater security
|Binding||Tools & Home Improvement|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Product Group||Home Improvement|
|Product Type Name||SECURITY_ELECTRONICS|
|Title||Stack-On GCDB-924 10-Gun Double-Door Steel Security Cabinet|
|Warranty||Limited 1 Year Warranty: Defects in Material and Workmanship|
- Customizable configuration
- Patented molded and padded long gun barrel rests
- Meets CA DOJ standards for firearm storage
- Considered somewhat light for a storage solution of that size
- Not classified as a safe
Designed with long gun owners in mind, the Stack-On GCBD-924 Security Cabinet provides numerous storage options and the ability to store up to 10 long guns within the unit. Molded barrel rests with foam padding can safely store up to 10 rifles or shotguns that measure 54 inches in length or shorter.
While not technically classified as a safe, the design is still highly robust. However, it doesn’t feature the same quality of steel that is available in many similarly sized gun or true safes.
This cabinet features steel construction and a reinforced double-door design.Each door locks separately and uses different keys. The keys are double-bitted, reducing the chances that a potential thief or another unauthorized person can pick the lock successfully. Additionally, the doors secure in three locations, with pins located at the top, middle and bottom of the door.
The Stack-On GCBD-924 is pre-drilled for faster installation when mounting to the floor or wall. And, coming in at approximately 115 pounds when empty, most potential thieves would need a dolly if they wanted to remove the safe alone. However, since it is lighter weight than many similarly sized gun safes, this makes proper installation critical for deterring thieves from simply taking the entire cabinet if they are not immediately able to gain entry.
While the right-hand side of the cabinet is focused on long gun storage, the left-hand side features four adjustable and removable padded shelves. This makes the cabinet ideal for those interested in using it to store other valuables, including handguns or jewelry, along with their rifles or shotguns.
Even though it is not marketed as a true gun safe, the Stack-On GCBD-924 is approved by the California DOJ for securing firearms.
The Stack-On GCBD-924 is rated as a four out of five stars. While it is a strong gun cabinet, it does not feature the kind of steel construction one would expect from a true safe. However, it does meet California DOJ standards for gun storage, so it is a reasonable option for those concerned more with preventing children or other household members from getting their hands on the contents.